Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Glamour Shots

More from Project Nana:


I absolutely love the dogwood prints over the bed. Got 'em at Home Goods for $16.99/each.  How do you beat that?


Draperies "pre-trim"



draperies with trim and tie-back (pre-hardware)
Thanks again Nester!




Back at the Ranch:



final draft

Still working out the wrinkles in the lower portion:




I nearly jumped for joy at Wal-Mart recently when, just after I wrote here about needing some uniformity in my cook book storage, I ran smack dab into those dark brown magazine holders you see in photo above for a really great price!  It was a real shoppertunity. 


I'm still trying to figure out exactly what is going to be stored in the lower part and what is going to be put elsewhere. When I have a few minutes to play with it, I'm sure I'll be thrilled with the outcome.  For now, it's hosting lots of my better luncheon plates, bowls, platters, etc.  It's still a WIP. 

And!  I finally made excellent use of the "dead" corner between the cabinet and the wall:


This part I am thrilled with.  I've had nothing but crapola stuck in this corner space for years.  It looks so much better now!  As an added bonus, I found some great wine stuck away in the pantry that I had totally forgotten about!  Whoo-hoo!!!

And, now that Project Nana is in the bag, I'm back on my black and white bedroom project.  Here's the latest:


You might be counting pillows and saying to yourself, geesh, 8 pillows?  To be honest, there are 10 pillows for this bed but I couldn't get them all in one photo.  :-)

I picked up the little pillowcase doll on my last trip to Georgia.  I just fell in love with her in a local boutique.  Considering that I'm no pro when it comes to decorating, I was more than a bit unsure about mixing the ultra modern black and white bedding and the almost-primitive pillowcase doll.  Then I remembered, "Hey Silly - it's a DOLL, it's a BED, and the QUEEN MOTHER ISN'T COMING this week."  So, for now, little Georgia is resting comfortably on her ultra modern bed.

I think I'll go rest comfortably in mine.

Tomorrow night, I'm going to stitch! 


No comments:

Post a Comment