Friday, July 30, 2010

And we're back!

I'm very happy to report that the laptop is back from it's trip to the doctor's office and seems to be feeling better than ever.  My head is still spinning over the fact that July (and more than half of this year) is gone.  G.O.N.E.  Despite the heat, I've really enjoyed this summer.  I've been blessed to see old things with new eyes and with deeper appreciation.  Maybe it's 'maturity' (or maybe my last nerve took a leave of absence) but for the most part, regardless of how hectic and crazy life has been this year, I've remembered to breathe deeply, keep a sense of humor and count my blessings.  My evening walks with Carmen give me breathing room and time to meditate/pray.  Here's a peak of what a typical summer evening walk looks like:



So we walk, every evening.  Rain or shine.  Heat wave or freeze warnings.  We walk.  We have discovered many things on our walk.  Many wonderous, beautiful, and perfect things like brand-spanking new fawns nestled down in the brush just off the walking path,


protective mama

Indigo Buntings, 


ruffled hearts disguised as leaves,



sunsets,


wildflowers,



and grass.  Yes grass.  As it turns out, our neighbors have the best  grass in the whole wide world.  So, without fail, every evening, we go through this routine:


Carmen's hearing/vocabulary test


She can also spell as well as a 5th grader. 

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Carmen has the same hearing problems my Bridget has! If it isn't food - I don't hear you. Hmmm, I could say that about DH and DS too.

    Your photos are beautiful. Isn't it amazing what we 'see' when we remember to take out camera?!?

    Smiles - Denise

    ReplyDelete