Saturday, August 7, 2010

Being between KC and SF is better than...

being between the devil and the deep blue sea, or between a rock and a hard place.  I've just wrapped up a business trip to Kansas City and am counting the days till I leave for EGA National in San Francisco! 



Kansas City was one of the weirdest trips I can recall.  Very intense meetings, in a somewhat remote historic (a.k.a. haunted) hotel, topped off with a dash of Lady Gaga.  Strange, I'm telling you. Strange.  The girl can sing though, despite all the weirdness she cloaks herself in.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not rushing out to buy any of her current releases but if she ever records any "vintage Blues" albums, I might just change my mind.  Flying home through some of the worst storm systems I've ever seen wasn't any fun either.  On the upside, both of my flights afforded me the opportunity to renew my relationship with Mary, Joseph, Jesus, Sts. Jude, Christopher and Patrick!

For those of you interested in quilting, check out this link:  Pickle Dish, KC Star quilts.

 



Glad to have KC behind me, San Francisco is calling my name.  I can't even begin to say how excited I am to have the whole week to immerse myself in four of my favorite passions - needlework, travel, sightseeing, and friendship.  I regret that hubby won't be coming too but like he said, "what would I do at a week-long stitchers convention?"  He's right, but I'll still miss him.  I'm sure he'll find something to busy himself with in the Dave Cave while I'm gone.  Thanks to his busy hands, I'm the proud owner of a new solid wood work table for my 'drawing room'.  It beats the heck out of the sawhorses and plywood I've been using!  As soon as I have time and daylight to take a few pics, I'll share.

On the stitching front, I've sent a few small pieces off to the State Fair.  If a friend hadn't volunteered to take them, I wouldn't have sent anything.   This past year has been crappy-poo-poo for stitching so don't be holding your breath for the 'ribbon report'.  Me thinks 2011 will be better!

That's all for me for now friends.  Big day tomorrow. 

Hope you are staying cool wherever you are and finding time to stitch!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun at the EGA! I'm biased but SF is a great place to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am counting the days too! Hoping to run into you in SF- the blog is such a gread read. Deby

    ReplyDelete