Monday, September 28, 2009

ABC progress

Just popping in with a quick ABC update.  The power was off here yesterday from 1:30 pm - 11:30 pm, so not only did I not get much stitching accomplished, I also have a little weekend laundry left over to catch up tonight.   AND my favorite quarterback in a Cowboy uniform, Tony Romo, is on the teevee tonight, so I must be quick!  (don't mention this to my favorite QB in a purple uniform - Brett gets so jealous).  The thudding you hear is me running up and down the stairs to the laundry room during commercial breaks!  (how 'bout that Cowboy stadium/palace? not too shabby)

Back to the stitching, I love Love LOVE this piece.  I've been luxuriating in the colorway. 


Bandana, Steamed Broccoli, Old Oak Tree, and Hickory Sticks seem like they were made for each other and for this linen. I snapped this pic quick with the iPhone, so it's not super great. Hopefully, it will be finished soon and I'll break out the "real" camera for her glamour shot. I'm still trying to decide on the final wording for the lower portion of the piece. And just so you know, I'm waffling (shocker) about whether to follow thru with my pillow idea (seam allowances scare me). I'd like to have the little pillow as we discussed previously, but I don't trust my lead foot! I also accidentally noticed how blank the space on the wall looks between my two lady chairs in my previous post. We all know how cute this little number is framed. Hummmm..... decisions, decisions.  Where's my life coach when I need him?

Mark your Calendars!!!  Big doin's this weekend folks:  the WV Pumpkin Festival is back in town!   I'll be standing in line for my pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin fudge and maybe even a new fall wreath for the door.

Then, one week from tomorrow, (cue the themesong Willie), we are on the road again for NATIONAL!   YAY!  But first, I must survive facilitating an all day training session at work tomorrow.  dread, dread, dread...

3 comments:

  1. You've accomplished a lot on the alphabet. I absolutely LOVE that fabric. I have to admit that my Ben (Pittsburgh) is the best man in black. Just thought I'd share that with you. I worked on the greenwork house when I stayed over with Becky and its coming along quite nicely. Not in time for the show but maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your alphabet piece looks great! I love using CCs--and the names are so fun, too. Enjoy your pumpkin weekend! Pumpkin fudge sounds... interesting?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the road again! Just can't wait to get on the road again...

    ReplyDelete