Thursday, September 17, 2009

A LHN new start



Here's a little new start I've been working on this week.  It's Little House's Alphabet Rhyme.  The colors are so warm and wonderful and the linen, well, I'm in love with it.  I've strayed just a little from the recommended colors in order to more exactly match my "lady chairs" in the "drawing room" but they all are still Crescent Color overdyeds. 




When it's finished I'm going to try not to ruin it try to turn it into a tall, skinny pillow (with the, gasp, gulp, electified sewing machine).  I think the chair looks like it would welcome a corner propped up pillow.  Instead of stitching "Now I know my ABC's..." at the bottom, I'm thinking about something like "Welcome to the Drawing Room" or simply "Marnie's Drawing Room".



My only dilemma:  one pillow, two chairs.  Hummm....  Wonder if my disorder "sense of order" will allow that?

1 comment:

  1. Very nice start Marnie. I have that chart in my stash, great minds think alike!
    It will look lovely on one of your lady chairs, maybe the other lady chair could have a tall pillow made with a co-ordinating fabric (whatever you use to back ABC).
    Look forward to seeing more and I like your colour changes :-)

    ReplyDelete