Monday, June 29, 2009

July? Already? Are you Kidding Me?

I wish I had a bunch of fun birthday photos to share, but honestly I've been too dag on busy to pick the camera (or my stitching) up. You'll have to take my word for it, my one and only sister and (one and only) husband have both successfully celebrated another year of life this past weekend. Sis and I took tea (not at the Savoy, but at a very good tea room anyway) and caught a chick-flik (The Proposal) Friday. As working girls (get your mind out of the gutter), it was a real treat to take a day off and just do what-N-ever we wanted to do. We even squeezed in some antique shopping.

All day Saturday was spent in the kitchen prepping for the Hubby Big Sunday Birthday Feast. I'll try to be brief but to tell the truth, I was quiet pleased with myself. We started with jumbo shrimp cocktails in jumbo crystal martini glasses, complete with crushed ice, lemon wedges and cocktail sauce cups. For fruit, we had cantelope balls and blueberries served in pretty little juice glasses. Even the salads were made special with red roquefort dressing. Main course included proscuitto wrapped asparagus, roasted red potatoes, filet mignon, roasted corn on the cob and parmesan grilled bread. Yes, but what for dessert? The birthday boy requested scratch carrot cake and pecan pie (including homemade crust). That's right, we all rolled around like stuffed ticks afterwards! And that was just for LUNCH! For dinner, we had rootbeer floats! LOL!

It's another four day week for me which sounds great but really only means I need to squeeze 40 hours of work into 32. This Friday, hubby and I planned to run up the road to Ripley WV for the Mountain State Arts and Crafts Festival. It's a stupendous juried outdoor show that I look forward to every year (even though it's always 100 degrees in the shade).

We'll return to our regularly scheduled stitching shortly folks. Thanks for sticking around in the interim. I do love reading your comments and blogs and sharing my little corner of the world with you all.

I hope to find a little time to work up a small design for the Artist Trading Card program we are having a week from today at the July guild meeting. I've never made one but have admired them from afar for a long time. I'm seeing a little something on the peacocky side in my near future... hum...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like lots of wonderful birthday fun. It's 7:30am here, but the description of all that food is making me soooooo hungry. Hope you enjoy the festival.
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete