Monday, June 1, 2009

Sweet Honeysuckle



Living in the country has it's pros and cons, like everywhere, but as much as I enjoy nature, I sure do love where I live (except in January. I. Hate. January. And sometimes February)




There always seems to be some thing of beauty to appreciate like the birds' songs, the sunrise, the wildlife and lately, the sweet aroma of honeysuckle. The hillside along the dog walk has been full of flowering honeysuckle the last couple of weeks and the perfume is simply intoxicating. The bad thing is that snakes love honeysuckle too so you can't get too close unless you are armed and dangerous, but I could just stand in the middle of the road, eyes closed, and deeply inhale for hours!




Here's hoping you have time to stop and smell the honeysuckle today!

1 comment:

  1. It's so beautiful where you live and I can only imagine the smell of honeysuckle as I have never seen it in person. Too bad about the snakes, though. That would be enough to keep me away too(I have no experience with snakes as we don't have them in Hawaii).
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete