Saturday, June 6, 2009

Free Willy Saturday

The call came at quarter of 6 this morning. Carrot is on vacation this week so I started groping for the phone. However, as I came to my senses, I realized it wasn't the phone that was waking me, it was the sound of a bird chirping. And, yes, it sounded like it was coming from inside the house! So, up we got and off we set to find the source of the chirping. Yes, it sounds like it's coming from the sunroom.


Well, what do we have here?

Hi! She chirped.
Hi indeed. Where are you off to?, I inquired.
Not far, I'm afraid. As you can see, my wings aren't ready to carry me far. chirp chirp. Oh how I wish I had a back full of colorful feathers and two wings to carry me far! And a friend. chirp chirp. I wish I had a friend to fly with me. There's plenty of room here by my side for a fine feathered friend. chirp chirp. Oh how I wish I had feathers, wings and a friend, yes, chirp chirp, that would be loverly.

Okay, ok. I get it. Feathers, wings and a friend. If I promise to see what I can do about some feathers, wings and a friend will you promise to hold the "chirp chirp" down to a minimum until say 7ish?

Oh YES, chirp chirp, I'll be the happiest little quiet bird you've ever seen!

Deal. Now let's practice that quiet business and I'll be back with you in a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment