Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New WIP


NEXT! I'm thrilled to be moving on to my next major UFO, make that WIP! Don't recall when I started this patriotic piece but it was sometime (several years) after 9/11/01. It is intended for some friends who lost their son that day in the Pentagon crash. The poem is entitled The Lady and reads:

"The fruit of your great wisdom,
A knowledge of mankind.
You had gathered from experience,
Yours was so much more than mine.
You taught me of the beauty
That life would give to me.
You spoke to me of loyalty,
Justice, love and Liberty."

Something about it just touched my heart when I read it. It sounds like it could be a child speaking to a parent. My goal is to finish it, frame it and present it to Sharon and Ken, Paul Ambrose's parents, before 9/11 this year.

The fabric is an overdyed/mottled bottle green. Looks a lot like the patina on the Statue of Liberty, her very self.

I'll close by saying, we should strive to never forget.

If you have anything negative to say about this post, please say it to someone other than me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment