Thursday, May 7, 2009

April showers bring May fabric origami flowers



We love us some origami, don't we? Fabric oragami? Even better. And, you can WEAR IT? Well, that's just the bee's knees!!! A wonderful friend and exceptionally talented guild sister (none other than the Anna P.) taught these little beauties at one of our last meetings. It wasn't difficult at all, but very addicting! I plan on making some to take to church on Mother's Day. I'll make my MIL an extra special pink one, maybe with a lacy pearl seed bead edging. I think they would be great in pink ribbon (breast cancer) fabric for the survivors amongst us. But why stop there? Patriotic fabric flowers for the 4th of July, Christmas fabric flowers for the holidays, so on and so on.

Is it just me, or can you hear the funeral taps playing for all my other WIPs?

I now know why I've been buying all that pretty fabric, even though I don't quilt! I knew one day, I would need it, for something. Looks like that day is here!


Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment