Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Away Game

I've made great progress on my away game lately; enough to share a snap:





These little dragonflies are super simple, super sweet and I'm loving them a lot, especially on this bluish-purple sparkly fabric; or is it purplish-blue? Anywhoose. As I've mentioned before, this is going to be a checkerboard for my three XSDNs* in TX. But, instead of filling in every other block with a dragonfly, I believe I'll only stitch dragonflies in rows 1-3 and 6-8, so to emphasize the purpose of the board. The Sekas pattern was only supposed to be a 5 block by 5 block sampler, as seen here, but all I could see when I looked at it was a checkerboard, which as we all know are 8x8, not 5x5.

And so it was envisioned, and so it shall be done.

Then, after the dragonflies are in place, I'll go back and do fill-in stitches in the empty blocks.

I look forward to skipping lunch to work on this little ditty, one dragonfly at a time.

Happy Stitching!

* X-tra Special Darling Nieces

No comments:

Post a Comment