Saturday, April 11, 2009

Weekend Update


Easter weekend is always chuck full o'activity, but somehow I always seem to squeeze in a little stitching between the grocery shopping, cooking, baking, laundry, family functions and general household chores. I have fond memories of finishing some of my most favorite pieces early early on Easter mornings past. There isn't any chance of me finishing anything this Easter, but I'll keep up the tradition of slipping a few stitches in before church tomorrow.
Before I give you the Stitching Update, I just have to share this easy peasy Paula Deen mini-cheesecake recipe. So few ingredients, so little time, yet perfect little cheese tarts. I've been making it for years, but just had the brainstorm today to put a little different twist on it. Who doesn't love a little cheesecake with either cherries or blueberry topping?


Well, that's always good, but how about a little Hershey syrup, caramel sauce and a healthy sprinkling of pecan pieces?



Oh yeah baby - Turtle Cheesecakes!!! What's not to love?

Stitching Update: Dragonfly wings have proven to be a little more demanding than I thought, so I may be keeping this project (a.k.a. my away game) home for a while, until I've moved on to the less thought-demanding fill-in blocks. There are only 12 whole stitches in each dragonfly, but lots of 1/4 and 3/4 stitches. In such a small area, there is no room for fluff.


Last, but not least, my lovely peacock. I've nearly finished the cross stitching. I have three withdrawn thread bands to work. The first (above the lettering) is ready for the filling, the second (below the Assisi section) is in the "unweave/reweave" stage, the third is the big blank area between the two flower borders (just below the second band). It's in the "nothing is happening here yet" stage.


So there we are. I do hope you all are enjoying the joys of the season, some beautiful weather, some family gatherings, some delicious dinners and some quiet stitching time. I can't imagine a better way to spend the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing refreshments with you next TANA meeting. We had to make a change at the last meeting. We should talk and coordinate some yummies!!

    ReplyDelete