Sunday, April 25, 2010

Stitcher's Day Out

It's a magical day, Stitcher's Day Out. 

Once a year, in the spring, the girls of the guild get together at a local "Heritage Farm" and spend all day stitching, catching up with one another and sharing our favorite and best recipes.  Saturday was our day.  Every year when we gather there, I feel so thankful for spring to really be upon us.  We are always treated to a young couples wedding in the little country chapel, birds seranading us all day long, much fellowship and fabulous food. 

It is normally the first such outing of the year and one that is enjoyed by many of our members.  I absolutely relish the opportunity to focus my full attention on needlework for several uninterrupted hours plus having time to just catch up with my closest friends.  At the end of the day, 10 hours feel more like 10 minutes, but I always feel like I'm on the receiving end of an incredible gift - that of time, friendship and stitching.

I made great headway on my little Assisi bird ornament and hope to have a finish picture very very soon.

As soon as the ornament is finished, I'm going to tackle those sunroom pillows!

Here's hoping your weekend was just as wonderful and stitch-filled as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment