Thursday, December 31, 2009

Out with the Old, In with the New

My resolution list is never long.  In fact, it normally consists of one single thing.  Can you guess what it is?  Lose weight?  Nope (although it should be a perennial resolution).  Exercise more?  Nah (again, should be, but...).  Stitch more?  O don't I wish.

My annual resolution is to......................drumroll please..............


CLEAN OUT THE REFRIGERATOR!
And I don't mean the "lick and a prayer" kind of clean.  I mean the "empty everything out and take the drawers out, scrub shelves, etc." kind of clean.  (out with the old, in with the new.) 

I know, I know.  Folks are always confusing me with Paris Hilton because of the glamorous life we both lead.  And our shoe collections.

This year though, I'm adding a few new resolutions to the list:

  • Finish redecorating guest bedroom #1 (photos coming soon) before Halloween (out with the old, in with the new)
  • Finalize planning for the 2010 Italy trip (ASAP)
  • Lose weight before Italy trip (ASAP)
  • Practice Italian lessons daily
  • Stitch three pieces for guest bedroom (Ironwork of New Orleans, Assisi bird doorknob ornament, reproduction blackwork)
  • Plan ahead in order to enjoy two major EGA meetings (WV in June and CA in September)
All in all, 2010 will be a very exciting and busy year for hubby and me.  Hence the Halloween deadline on the redecorating.  I've learned from years past that no matter what it is, if it's not done by Halloween, it probably isn't getting done until the new year. 


No matter where you are tonight, I hope you are warm and happy.  I wish each and every one of you a very safe, healthy and prosperous New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like great goals! Good luck in achieving them! I like your attitude about accomplishing things before Halloween. I have never thought about it before, but that is so true.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might tackle the fridge tomorrow. Honestly, I can clean it out one weekend and the next weekend it is a jam packed mess again. What's up with that? Good luck with the rest of your goals for the year. Peace & blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a New Year's resolution even I could handle! Now on the other hand, a trip to Italy? I'm envious! Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete