Tuesday, August 14, 2012

All boxed up...

***

Sometimes I just can't leave well enough alone. 

In the case of my bargello Easter egg, I wasn't 100% happy with the finished product (not happy enough to have it framed) but I wasn't unhappy enough to pitch it in the garbage, so the question, "What should I do with that Easter egg?" rattled around in my poor little brain until I stumbled across an idea to use it to cover a storage box for some of my Easter decorations... 


I've had the box stuck away with a bunch of other boxes I can't bring myself to toss out. I know you know what I'm talking about.. It was pretty ugly but I loved the size and the fact that the lid was attached, so I've had it for several years, waiting for inspiration to strike.

Since I don't know when to stop, I pulled out some pretty Easter-y scrapbook paper and covered the ugly parts.  Then, I cut some stiff felt and made the compartment separators.  Finally, it needed some kind of closure, so I attached the pretty button and tasseled cord. 

It was great fun to make. 

Hope you are having fun with your stitching too!

                                             Hugs,






No comments:

Post a Comment