Sunday, January 18, 2009

FREE!

The call came in just after 7 this morning...

Caller: Hello! Hello!
Me: Hello? Who's calling please?
Caller: This is Carrot! Butternut Squash, Spring Grass and Periwinkle are here with me too!
Me: Really.
Caller: We're being held hostage!
Me: Really? Where?
Caller: All I know is it's a pretty big box; only marking says "P.I.G.s". It's really crowded in here and I'm afraid we're running out of oxygen!
Me: You just hang on! I'm on it.

I rush downstairs, whip open the PIG storage box, and sure enough, there lay "Hello Spring" all kitted up with Carrot, Periwinkle, Butternut Squash and Spring Grass. Without hesitation, I ripped open the baggie and retrieved the four hostages.

Carrot: AAHHHHhhhhh. Fresh air. Wow, it's been awhile.
Me: How long have you guys been trapped in there?
Carrot: Months? Years? Not sure.
Me: Well, you do not have to worry about that awful place ever again.
Carrot: Really?
Me: Really. Let's get you upstairs and introduce you to some others who have been through what you've been through.
Carrot: Great! But...
Me: But what?
Carrot: What about the others?

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment