Friday, June 11, 2010

One less mess

Hubby surprised me tonight with the sun room table he made for me.  It is the First Official product of the man-cave.



I'm super happy with it.  He made it exactly the right height, width and length!  If it had been an inch bigger, in any direction, it would not have fit in the space between the windows and sectional.  We were both holding our breath as we maneuvered it into position. 



The dual wood tones are beautiful together.  He estimates it took him about 50 hours from start to finish!  I can see many hours of tea sipping, bird watching, feet propping, and cat napping in my future.  The hummingbird feeder is hanging just feet away.  And believe you me, I'd much rather be enjoying nature from air-conditioned comfort than sitting out in steamy, sauna-like conditions tonight.



The table's lower shelf (and the trailing ivy) enables me to hide a multitude of miscellaneous crapola underneath.  It's truly a great feeling to finally have this little room put back together.  The room has always been a great little nook of the house, but now it's neat, orderly and has a little 'secret garden' feel to it.

Hip Hip Horray, Hubby!

Now, whenever my finishing fairy gets around to making those Sekas pillows for me, it will be ALL done!

Happy Weekend Friends  :-D

6 comments:

  1. What a great table and a lovely room! Such great windows. The perfect place for some stitching in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!! I too, am blessed with a talented husband and being on the receiving end of a gift made with thoughtfulness and love that looks so great is a very special thing indeed.

    I look forward to seeing your new pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so jealous of the beautiful sun room!

    And your table yummy! Hubby did a wonderful job! I have a few lovely things from mine.

    Can't wait to see how the pillows come out!

    Smiles - Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. He certainly did a good job! Adds some value to that man-cave, huh? Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marnie, I love it! It is a beautiful new addition to your already amazing home. You may have to fight me over a stitching seat at the next gathering of stitchers you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an inviting setting! I've hardly had time to breathe lately so that "tea sipping, bird watching, feet propping, and cat napping" in this beautiful room sounds perfect!! Oh, but not until after next week. And I would let my husband have a man-cave anytime if he turned out things like that table!

    ReplyDelete