Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Rain and taxes

Here it is mid-April and I can hardly believe it!  Dad entered the hospital with pneumonia on March 3, was in intensive care for a week, step-down for a week, then transferred to a skilled nursing facility for 20 days of rehab, then discharged to come home on Good Friday.  My sister and I made tracks back and forth every day.  Some days we were with him all day, some days we just visited after work to make sure he knew we were keeping an eye on things.  He is extremely pleased to be back home and feeling better than he has in years.  Sis and I, on the other hand, could use a vacation!

Since Easter, I've managed to slip a few stitches in The Rain Fell...



I can't remember the exact color of the linen, but I'm loving it.  The colors of the piece really pop against the soft blue of the linen.

Today, I wish I was doing nothing but stitching more on this piece and kitting up another April piece I'd like to complete this month, but my house is in desperate need of a good spring cleaning.  And then there is the tax return that isn't going to file itself.  
BOOO!!!  TAXES!!!

Here's hoping you have a wonderful mid-April weekend, friends!


9 comments:

  1. Your stitch is adorable! Good job! Sorry about the taxes - filed mine in February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piece is so sweet. I'm glad to hear that your father is on the road to recovery. And I agree on the taxes. We had a bad year with those - not stitching goodies for me for a while! :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this piece! And that is great news about your father! At least take a pseudo-vacation and stitch some or just prop your feet up with a cup of that lovely tea - you've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that your Dad is home and doing better.
    I love your stitching, this is a sweet design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love the color of that linen also! And, way to go dad! Glad to hear he is improving.....Now, take a little time for yourself!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and those nice comments~~ I truly appreciate your words of inspiration.

    Have a wonderful Sunday....

    Always, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that your dad is going better. What a scare! Great progress on this sweet project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear that your dad is well again. My dad is very susceptible to pneumonia too, but this year he didn't have a bout of it. It's quite exhausting taking care of our elders, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Miss Marnie! Aunt Chrissy and I (and Stewey and Bosco too) send you hugs and kisses! Thank you for the lovely treats! I'm so glad that your dad is feeling better. Please tell him that our happy thoughts are with him so that he continues to feel better and better! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad your Dad is back home and doing well. Prayers sent out for him. :)

    Your stitching is lovely as always.

    Are you going to any stitchy events this year?

    Blessings always

    ReplyDelete