Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July 'round the house

***

Happy Birthday, USA!




A few things I'm thankful for:
  • I am so thankful today for all the past, present and future uniformed service men and women who work, fight and die to protect my freedom. 
  • I am thankful for the founding fathers and their infinite wisdom. 
  • I am thankful for every teacher who leads her classroom in the Pledge of Allegiance. 
  • I am thankful for our government leaders and their quest to do what is best for my country.  
  • I am thankful for my pocket sized Constitution of the United States of America.  If it's been awhile since you looked over the Constitution, click HERE.   In the current political atmosphere, the word "unconstitutional" seems to come up frequently.  It helps to understand what IS constitutional in order to better understand what is NOT constitutional (aka "unconstitutional"). 
  • I am thankful too for my freedom of speech.  I can not imagine living in a world without it.



I am also thankful to have marked many pesky little jobs off my "To Do" list lately.


Like finding napkins, tablecloth and silverware to match new dishes...

(better match in real life)


Making time to get a flower arrangement made for a special vase...




Having a lightening bolt of a great idea for organizing my espresso cups in the kitchen...




Finding appropriate frames for about 20 little pictures...




Hanging the pillow shams (I shared here several months ago) in my stitching room...




Finding an affordable, comfortable, attractive desk chair for my office nook...



!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing is quite as good for my mental health as wiping out an extra long To Do list. 


Hope you are enjoying friends, family and a fine cook-out wherever you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment