Thursday, November 27, 2008

I love a parade!

As much as I love Christmas, I can honestly say Thanksgiving might just run a dead heat. As I wake slowly (without an alarm clock) and to daylight, I can't wait to jump out of bed, turn on the peacock channel (bing bing bing), put on the tea, grab the 12 pounds of newspaper and cuddle up on the sofa. And yes, as the 9:00 hour creeps closer, I get more and more excited for the parade to start! I loved Willard Scott and now Al Roker, Matt Lauer, Meredith and before her Katie, the Rockettes, the balloons, bands, cheerleaders, the stars, the half frozen half naked smiley faced people just oozing with pride and happiness. Am I the only half baked sentimental that gets teary eyed when it all starts? And again when Santa comes rolling through?

What a wonderful reminder that no matter the state of things, the world is still spinning, we'll all eat turkey and watch football, and that some things will never change.

Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment