Sunday, September 28, 2008

quick check in


It's been a week since I've returned home but it feels more like 15 minutes, and tomorrow is the beginning of a new week. Short week for me, as I'll be going to Chicago on Friday to see Tina Turner in concert! Sister and aunt are coming along for the fun. I think I've covered the essentials this weekend like visiting the Dad, laundering the unmentionables, feeding the husband a couple of "honest to goodness" meals, and making a showing at church. I think they were about to plan a memorial service in my honor. Figured the husband had had enough and finally buried me in the backyard!

I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me when I got home last week. My new Italian friend Giulia Manfredini of Giulia Punti Antichi, gifted me with her Christmas sewing set pattern. I couldn't believe such a nice gesture from someone I've never met, so far away! Little did she know that I've been longing to stitch one of these little slippers and now I have no excuse! She can expect a little surprise from me in her mailbox sometime in the future. Thanks so much Giulia!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I just found your blog on the Stitching Bloggers site and I'm really enjoying it. I have two questions: 1) How did you impress Guilia Manfredini enough for her to send you that fabulous pattern? and 2) how can I make friends with her????? Hope you post a picture on your blog once you get it stitched!! Barbie (brdstitcher at gmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete