Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Time for an Update

Two months in between posts is probably too long, but honestly, I didn't plan it that way.  You see at Thanksgiving, the hubby and I found out we are going to be grandparents for the first time and I think our brains exploded.  We are thrilled beyond words and have been busy getting our lives ready for the new edition.  The parents-to-be live a full days drive away from us, so you know, we've had to kill our cats, sell our house and find new jobs in NC.  DON'T PANIC.. We haven't really killed the cats, sold our house nor moved to NC, but trust me, we thought about it.

At the parents request, hubby made a crib from gorgeous maple wood he selected from Ohio Amish country.  It is packed up and ready for us to deliver, so no pics for now.  Rest assured there will be plenty of pics later, when it has something beautiful inside it.

I've been pinning (Pinterest) baby things like a crazed grandmom-to-be, and have occasionally taken a break from pinning to actually make a few baby things like talc-free powder and adorable onesies.  We soon find out the gender of the baby and I expect to go into total Freak Out mode at that point.

Since December, my Embroiderers' Guild chapter has also been participating in a group correspondence class on bead fringes.  It's been quite the challenge so I'm pleased to be finished with mine ahead of schedule:


"Frenzy of Fringes"
Group Correspondence Course for members of
The Embroiderers' Guild of America



Here is a peek at the other stitching finishes I've managed these past few months:



Oak Island needlepoint oval ornament (gift)




EGA chapter monthly education programs (above and below)

(Bargello bulb   &   Cutwork nametag)



Another luggage tag gift for my real-life Sis (and Eastern Star sister)


I could not find any Eastern Star painted canvases on the internets, so I used a Google image and transferred the image from paper to canvas.  It wasn't as hard as I expected it to be, but it wasn't a piece of cake either.  I give Janet Perry of Napa Needlepoint and Nuts About Needlepoint credit for giving me the confidence to try my hand at this.  I participated in her Create Your Own Stitch Guide cyber-class last year and learned a ton about needlepoint.  Her e-classes are very affordable and she gives you a boatload of information.  It was a great way for me to try to understand more about needlepoint.  

The WIP of the Month is the Wedding square I hope to have finished and framed before May:




.......and I'll get right on that after I finish the Small of the Month (a freebie from Rainbow Gallery and Erica Michaels) "V is for Valentine".

So, until next time friends, I certainly hope you all are warm and safe, wherever you are!




3 comments: