Monday, October 13, 2014

Two Totally Unrelated Yet Awesome Recipes


Now that it is officially Fall, I am free to bust out the canned pumpkin and bake everything I've been pinning to my Fall Pinterest board! 
YAAAAAY FALL!!!   

Only because I've been dreaming of these, I tried Cooking Classy's twice iced (yes, hello...Twice.Iced.) Starbuck's copycat recipe for pumpkin scones first. (THANK YOU cookingclassy.com!).

 If I'm being honest, I'll tell you I have never had a good scone at Starbuck's, but they looked delicious on Pinterest and I love pumpkin....sooooo...I decided 8 scones per batch was too few, so I cut my dough to produce 16 smaller, yet still generously sized, scones.

Can I just saw, WOW.  Super terrific good.. and if you don't believe me, I have about twenty friends who will testify.

Up next, homemade ketchup.  I know - sounds insane, right?  I mean, who in their right mind MAKES KETCHUP when Heinz does such a bang up job?  Well, for reasons my hubby thinks I should keep to myself, I have made the executive decision to make my own ketchup. After picking an easy recipe from Epicurious I decided there was no time like the present.

Man o man, am I glad I tried this.  This ketchup tastes like ketchup, only better.  I know, I know, everything is better when made from scratch, but I wasn't expecting ketchup to knock my socks off!  In fairness, I did alter the recipe slightly.  I reduced the brown sugar by half, doubled the tomato paste, and added 1-2 T. of corn syrup into the final puree.  I will definitely be making this on a regular basis.

Until next time, hope you are finding the delicious side of life!




No comments:

Post a Comment