Saturday, September 6, 2008

What a WEEK!

I've been hiding in Louisville this week for the EGA National meeting. I could rave for hours about how amazing the meeting was! Having the good fortune of meeting Vima Micheli and being able to sit with her for four days to study Italian needlework was something I'll never forget. It was truly one of the highlights of my 30 years of stitching. I am so impressed with her knowledge and personality, I have decided to present my husband with the gift of touring with Vima in Italy next year. We have wanted to travel Italy together for years and I'm sure Vima is just the one to show it to us.
I also got to catch up with my friend and Hardanger/blackwork mentor, Marion Scoular. What a lovely lovely lady! My plans are to present Marion with a Palestrina knot treble clef as soon as I can find an appropriate sized outline.
I am sorry to report that I am leaving super early Monday morning (4am) for Philadelphia. I have to attend a two week training session there. My birthday is the second Monday I am there, so hubby plans to fly in for the weekend prior to my birthday. How sweet! I have really missed him this week. I guess it is true that absence makes the heart grow fonder.
I hope to be able to blog from Philly. If not, I'll check back in in about two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment